We encourage users of the www.mypolice.org site to contribute freely, as long as they do so in a responsible fashion and show respect for others. To ensure you and we are protected, we have developed a code of conduct that is strictly enforced. This standard should be read with our [ Terms and Conditions for Use of Website ] which contain important information about our liability and copyright matters. Comments posted here may be removed or edited in line with our editorial policy at our discretion, whether in breach of the standards or not, without further comment or notice to you. It is necessary for us to do this if information posted could identify and subsequently defame an individual or a group. You agree in our [ Terms and Conditions ] to permit us to remove any such material. We reserve the right to identify you in response to a court order or threat of legal action.
- No profanity or obscenities or any kind, even disguised with asterisks.
- No personal attacks on other participants.
- Defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not permitted.
- Do not stray from the discussion topic.
- No impersonation of other participants or public figures. A user may choose an appropriate nickname [as long as a real name is used in the personal information field (which is not publicly visible).]
- No advertising or marketing of any kind, including non-profit organisations.
- No third party copyright material should be posted. Use links instead of quotes from sources, to avoid copying the material.
- You are legally responsible for the content of any material you submit for posting on MyPolice
Use of material on the MyPolice site
Material on this website is made available under A Creative Commons licence, as follows: Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License .
You may freely use the information we publish on the MyPolice site, so long as you do so within the terms of this license. We encourage further republishing of published stories under these Creative Commons license conditions as we believe that this make the most of each contribution and helps build a better police service. This means that the published version of your story may be republished by other sites.
Violations and further information
To report violations of these rules and to obtain further information on these rules or any queries on them please contact: email@example.com
MyPolice is registered with company number 05328982 and has its registered office at:
- 26 Portland Road
- KA1 2EB
MyPolice is a limited company by guanrantee company no: SC368153 is VAT registered with VAT number
MyPolice is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998